Before using Olanzapine, tell your doctor if you regularly use other medicines that can make you sleepy or slow your breathing (such as cold or allergy medicine, narcotic pain medicine, sleeping pills, muscle relaxers, and medicine for seizures, depression, or anxiety). They can add to the side effects of Olanzapine.
Tell your doctor about all other medicines you use, especially:
- heart or blood pressure medication;
- carbamazepine (Carbatrol, Tegretol);
- diazepam (Valium);
- fluoxetine and Generic Olanzapine (Symbyax);
- fluvoxamine (Luvox);
- omeprazole (Prilosec);
- rifampin (Rifater, Rifadin, Rifamate); or
- a medication to treat Parkinson's disease including levodopa (Sinemet, Larodopa, Atamet), selegiline (Eldepryl, Emsam, Zelapar), pramipexole (Generic Generic Mirapex), ropinirole (Requip), and others.
This list is not complete and other drugs may interact with Olanzapine.