Check with your doctor if any of these most common side effects persist or become bothersome: Blurred vision, change in sexual desire or ability, constipation, diarrhea, dizziness, drowsiness, dry mouth, headache, loss of appetite, nausea, tiredness, trouble sleeping, weakness.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these severe side effects occur:
- Severe allergic reactions (rash, hives, itching, difficulty breathing, tightness in the chest,
- swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue), chest pain, confusion,
- dark urine, delusions, difficulty speaking or swallowing;
- fainting, fast or irregular heartbeat; fever, chills, or sore throat;
- hallucinations, new or worsening agitation, anxiety, panic attacks,
- aggressiveness, impulsiveness, irritability, hostility,
- exaggerated feeling of well-being, restlessness, or inability to sit still;
- numbness or tingling in an arm or leg; one-sided weakness, seizures,
- severe or persistent dizziness or headache; severe or persistent trouble sleeping;
- slurred speech, suicidal thoughts or actions; tremor,
- trouble urinating, uncontrolled muscle movements (eg, of face, tongue, arms, legs);
- unusual bleeding or bruising; unusual or severe mental or mood changes; vision problems,
- yellowing of the skin or eyes. Symptoms of overdose may include flushing, fast or irregular heartbeat,
- dry mouth, drowsiness, confusion, agitation, enlarged pupils, seizures, loss of consciousness,
- hallucinations, stupor, mydriasis, hyperpyrexia, paralytic ileus, urinary retention,
- decreased GI motility, cardiovascular toxicity, rhabdomyolysis, renal failure, respiratory depression,
- cyanosis, shock, diaphoresis, aspiration, ARDS, hyperthermia, hypothermia, polyradiculoneuropathy,
- muscle rigidity, disorders of ocular motility, vomiting.
If you suspect an overdose of Generic Elavil, seek medical attention immediately.